We wanted to present you the ultimate Janome JW8100 review for a long period of time and now we finally have this opportunity. All we can say at the beginning is that the tested sewing machine is based on reliable technology, comes in a great package and has a standard design.
It is optimized for heavy-duty operations and it can be used even for commercial applications. Of course, you can use it for personal applications as well.
Janome JW8100 Review
In the Janome JW8100 review, we must mention that this unit is super-easy to use. All the buttons such as start/stop, stitch adjustments and even reverse buttons are located within easy reach around the needle.
This makes the use so much easier and more convenient, especially if you are a beginner. Yes, there is reverse stitching as well as a system that assists you in making the stitching stronger and more capable. In a nutshell, we believe that you won’t have any issues using the sewing machine.
In the package, future owners will get an expandable table. This is useful when you want to sew bigger and more complicated garments. Attaching and removing it is done with a simple press and can be completed in a second.
Keep in mind that the removable free arm is supported as well. It is essential when sewing smaller openings on sleeves and etc. Combined, these two elements make the Janome JW8100 a powerful sewing machine that can meet even more complicated demands.
The sewing machine in question offers you 100 stitches. 20 are basic, while 28 are suitable for home décor as the manufacturer claims. There are also 7 buttonhole stitches that are helpful and can transform you into a professional.
You get a chart where all the stitches are supported and it is removable. The bottom line here is that the sewing machine we tested offers more stitches than equivalent models. At the same time, it offers more buttonhole capabilities, which is desirable at the moment.
One-hand needle threader
Janome JW8100 doesn’t have a fully automatic needle threader, but it has the next best thing. The one-hand needle threader is applied for your convenience and it is obviously easy to use. Still, we prefer automatic needle threading systems. They are more efficient, they are more appealing to use and they have a higher satisfaction rate among the users.
- Model: JW8100
- Color: White
- Stitches: 100
- Feed System: 7 piece feed dog
- Drop Feed: Yes
- Free Arm: Yes
- Maximum Stitch Width: 7mm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 5mm
- Thread Tension Control: Manual
- Stitch Selection: Easy Navigation Buttons
- Bobbin Winding: Auto-DeClutch
- Cover: Hard Cover
- Dimensions: 16 x 7 x 12 inches
- Weight: 21 pound
- Warranty: 25 years
- Display: Yes
- Extendable table: yes
- Removable free arm: yes
What We Like
- Stitches – You must agree that 100 stitches are more than just sufficient for all kinds of users.
- Frame – The frame is made of metal and it is very strong.
- Easy to use – You won’t have any issues using the machine, even if you are a total beginner.
- Packaging – The package includes spare needles, user manual, case, and extendable table. All of which you will need at some point.
- Beautiful stitch tension.
- Works well on all applications for quilting.
- Lots of features, lots of versatility.
- Reasonable price.
What We Don’t Like
- Needle threading system – It is more complicated than similar models have.
- Some elements are made of cheap plastics – This refers to the covers and some body panels. The frame is made of metal.
Did you like our Janome JW8100 review? We had a great time testing this small sewing machine and we were impressed with all the benefits and features it has to offer.
At the moment, it is probably one of the best models in the class. It is made to last and to provide you with extra stitches when needed. It is suitable for beginners, but also for users with higher skill levels. Check Availability on Amazon »