Singer makes some of the most affordable sewing machines available on the market. They may be affordable, but they are far from cheap. This is especially the case with the Singer 9960. The model we tested came with outstanding features, a strong frame and a lot more. Now we will present you the full Singer 9960 review.
Singer 9960 Review
The first feature in the Singer 9960 review is the extension table. As you may know, this system is usually present on bigger sewing machines that are ideal for semi-professional and professional operations.
It allows for you to sew bigger garments easily and to adjust the operations precisely as you want. The extension table is solid, strong and can withstand years of constant use.
The frame is constructed of a special metal with several elements made of stainless steel. This combination is important due to two reasons. The first one is the overall strength of the machine. It is tough and can be used for countless operations.
The second reason is weight. The machine weighs 20 pounds which isn’t much if you know it is a mid-sized model. The frame we just described can be crucial if you are planning to transport and use the machine at different locations.
In total, there are 600 stitches pre-loaded to the machine. Choosing the desired one is done by a single button pressing. You can obviously choose between basic, decorative stitches and a lot more.
Special attention is focused on the buttonholes. There are 13 supported alternatives and each one is fully automatic.
Twin needle operation
Yes, the Singer 9960 supports two needles when sewing. This operation is important when you don’t want to sew straight stitches. You can perform more complicated operations in which the stitch width is changed and the overall functionality is enhanced. Using this system is more than just simple, but we still recommend reading the user manual.
Automatic needle threader
Basically, this is the same feature which can be seen on all Singer sewing machines. It allows you to thread a needle within seconds, regardless of the type of thread or needle you are using. We should add that the system is reliable and it will work after years of use. It is definitely an important feature we all like and need.
- Model: 9960
- Color: White
- Built-in stitches: 600
- Buttonholes: 13
- LED: Yes (2)
- Display: yes
- Stitch length and width: Automatic
- Automatic needle threader: yes
- Bobbin: Fast loading, top mounted
- Bobbin Class (15 Transparent)
- OneTouch™ Stitch Selection
- Direct Selection Stitches
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Free Arm
- Extra High Presser Foot Lifter
- Twin-Needle Function
- Variable Needle Positions (25)
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 8.2 x 12 inches
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Warranty: 25 years
What We Like
- Extension table – It allows you to use the machine for bigger and more complex operations.
- 600 stitches – You will find all kind of stitches pre-loaded to the machine. Choose the one you like by a single button pressing.
- Metal frame – The frame is strong, yet it keeps the weight of the machine at 20 pounds.
- Automatic features – You get automatic tension, needle threader, stitch adjustment and so much more.
- Lots of features.
- The buttonholes are gorgeous.
- It makes beautiful stitches.
- Simple to thread and wind the bobbin.
- The thread cutter.
- The control panel is easy to use.
- Instructions are easy to follow.
- Quilting crafts everything.
What We Don’t Like
- Big – The machine is big therefore it requires more space while used.
- Display – The display is small.
Singer 9960 review has come to the end. All we can add is that the model is a great choice for more experienced and users who will use all of its features. The automatic capabilities are excellent, the extension table is superb addition and the frame is strong.
Add 600 stitches and you will understand why we liked this sewing machine. Still, it is affordable and can be the best budget buy at the moment. Check availability on Amazon »